2019

It's been another year, one without awards, but one rich with experiences.

I've been keeping up with Vivid Voices (now on Facebook) and we've had so much fun together.
One of this years standout events was when we went into the a studio together to record a choir for LEVA and their new track "Lilla fågel flyg". What I also found out was that I stood in the same studio as both Siouxsie and the Banshees and Monica Zetterlund which are two of my favorite musical acts. I'd like to end the year thanking LEVA for giving me this opportunity and also for supporting me by coming and rooting for me at SM i Gatumusik and coming out to our Vivid Voices concerts this past year. Check out "Lilla fågel flyg" below:
 


Lets jump ahead to way later. In december 2019, one of my favorite bands, I Fight Dragons, released their new album Canon Eyes. I was very pleased to be a part of their digital choir singing back-up on the last refrains of their song "While Were Still Young", check it out below:


A digital choir was done be several people singing into their microphones at home, so it wasn't as big of an experience as the LEVA-project, but it is still really cool to be a part of something like this.

Back on track again, in august, at this years SM i Gatumusik I was unexpectedly competing against both bands and artists. This differed greatly from past years where you were divided into several categories, and only bands took home first to third place titles. I was very disappointed by the layout of the competition this year, but I did later find out that I was the 3rd most voted for among the solo acts, and I did get a tremendous support from a bunch of friends who came to see me play and the citizens of Mariefred. So I didn't get a price, but what happened next was almost cooler.

Melora Creager of Rasputina found the video of me playing her song "Watch TV" at SM on Facebook, " I love that. Thank you." she commented and shared it on Rasputina's Facebook page, which in turn led to it reaching over 3000 views, it was surreal, amazing.

Last year on this blog I wrote this: "I'm almost at 50 likes on Facebook  and one of my YouTube videos is almost at 400 views which is a but surreal." Today, I'm almost at 100 likes and that video I mentioned, my cover of Lemon Demons "Touch-Tone Telephone", became my first video on YouTube to reach 1000 views!


This was the year that someone for the first time reached out to book me for a gig, through contacts at Vivid Voices, my act was recommended to the arrangers and led to me performing a half-hour set at Vällingbydagarna in Vällingby Centrum. A big outdoors scene, unfortunately the rain was pouring, but I got a gig!


I'd like to thank everyone who helped me make 2019 a very special year with exciting milestones.
Lets hit some more in 2020.

/Robina Xel

Comments

Popular Posts